Europe is proving to be a great travel destination for people all over the world. There are lots of things to do while in Europe such as visiting ancient museums, historical sites, taking cool ferry rides as you explore the vast city, dining out at fine restaurants, participating in the various cultural activities and so much more. Thanks to the European Union, citizens of member states of this pact can freely move around the countries covered by the union and still enjoy the same benefits. So if you are planning on visiting Europe here are 5 things to consider;
- There are various modes of transport; depending on budget and preference, you are the one who will determine what modes of transport you intend to use. Bus travels are a cool way of exploring the city. But you need to obtain a Euro Pass which is valid for about a week and enables you to visit various destinations within Europe. Trains are a bit more expensive than buses. Ferry boats offer discounted prices to those who have access to the pass described above.
- Take good care of your health; don’t be so caught up in sampling out each of the restaurants cuisines and forget to keep your health in check. As a visitor you may be allergic to some of the types of foods and drinks offered so ensure you order what you are familiar with. It is also good to protect your skin from heat damage during hot summer seasons. Thus, your stay here will not turn out to be a complete disaster.
- Carry your health insurance card; if you are an EU citizen, you need to carry along your European Health Insurance card wherever you go as well as your travel insurance. This will give you complete peace of mind in any case of medical emergencies.
- Come prepared; it would be a shame to visit this great continent and still lack any evidence of your stay here. So ensure you have fully loaded your camera films and carry enough cash with you as you obviously will want to purchase souvenirs for your friends’ and family back home.
- Travel light; a backpack is usually much better to carry around especially if you intend on using public transportation. You do not want to cause havoc to yourself and other travelers by dragging along a huge suitcase with you.
Read to know more about the importance of a EHIC Card
Know more about why you to apply for a ehic card before travling to Europe.